December 2023 Update
Image: The King's Speech, November 2023 (reproduced under Open Government Licence v3.0)
This our first Update for several months. There is much news to share, including two vacancies (see the final section). We wish all our readers the very best for the holiday season and look forward to bringing you more news in 2024.
This update brings you news of our recent events and activities:
- Rule of Law Monitoring of Legislation project - from the King's Speech to the Rwanda Bill
- Retained EU Law: how is the UK Government its powers to revoke and amend?
- Counter-Terrorism Commission news
- Public Health Emergency Powers Commission news
- Judicial integrity: improving appointments and addressing systemic challenges
- Reversing Rule of Law backsliding in Poland, and wider questions
- Judicial reform and modernisation in Cyprus
- Access to justice: small states
- Local and regional democracy in Europe: public participation and youth perspectives
- Modern Slavery PEC news
You can read the whole update here.