The Bingham Centre was founded in 2010 by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, to take forward Tom Bingham's vision. It was an inspiring vision then, with the Rule of Law coming under increasing strain.
Today, it has become an urgent vision, as the institutions on which it depends to give it life are becoming more systematically undermined, requiring renewed effort to reach wider audiences about the meaning and fundamental importance of the Rule of Law.
We are greatly appreciative of our Development Board whom voluntarily assist in raising the profile of the Bingham Appeal and the Centre's vital work. If you would like to find out more about the Development Board and how it supports the Bingham Centre, please contact the Development team.
Current Board Members:
- Rt Hon Mr Justice Michael de la Bastide
- Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, Stephen G. Breyer
- His Excellency Jean-Paul Costa
- Rt Hon Sir David Edward KCMG PC QC
- The Rt Hon Chief Justice Dame Sian Elias GNZM PC QC
- Hon Chief Justice Robert French AC
- Dame Rosalyn Higgins, GBE, QC
- Rt Hon Lord Judge PC
- Hon Andrew Li Kwok-nang
- Hon Mr Justice Geoffrey Ma
- Rt Hon Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, PC
- Rt Hon Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers
- Judge Hisashi Owada
- His Excellency Professor Vassilios Skouris